Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Time for Fasting and Prayer

I have claimed this week, "The Week of Jethro." I am putting the past in the past and am moving forward with God in front of me and my family on my side. We have had some struggles both here in Uganda as well as back in Durango.
I am living today for today.
Father son time, he truly blesses my sole.
What do I mean that this is The Week of Jethro?
I am putting my focus into our son and what needs to come from our court date on Friday. I am fasting from Monday till Thursday night from food during day light hours. I will be in constant prayer to seek what God wants from Sarah and I.

I have continued with my regular programs as well as some extra programs. This is going to be an awesome week and I am giving God the glory to all that has and will happen. He has moved so many walls the past 3 days already. 
Having fun at the grocery store. 

I want to challenge you to follow me in The Week of Jethro.

How can you do this?
How ever you want. 

Do you have to pray and fast for a week?
No, do what God lays on your heart.

On Friday at 5:30 MST we have court to determine if Jethro will get to come home with us or not. This is 2:30PM our time here in Uganda. We probably will not get a decision this day but this is when we get to plead our case, now for the third time. In specific of what is needed to be prayed for are these three main points.
  • That the lawyer has everything in order and can get Jethro's biological Mother there (she is refusing to come now)
  • That if we have to speak in front of the judge, The Holy Spirit will fill our mouths with the words God wants us to say.
  • That Judge Mukiibi will give a positive and quick verdict and that we receive the written report without error.
We have never been so blessed 



6 comments:

  1. Standing with you as we see God once again move the mountains. God is your shield and your defender. May He give you the words of your mouth and the meditations of your heart! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for so many things and more. You are constantly on our minds and prayers. Many people here are praying for you too that don't even know you. Rest well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawn and Sarah, I cannot even imagine what the two of you are going through now and have been going through. Satan has put up every road block that he can and still Our God is Able to overcome these obstacles. Your stong faith and trust in God to lead you and Sarah is definitely what will see the both of you through this time. I do pray for the three of you daily and think of you and your steadfast love that you have for each other, Jethro, the people of Uganda and the love for Our Father in Heaven. He will give you the ability to accomplish all the things that you have planned which includes bringing home your son. I pray that God will lead, guide and direct all the individuals involved in this adoption so that it will go smoothly on Friday and the words that you speak to the judge will come directly from Our Lord and Savior and will convey that you and Sarah are amazing parents and that the love that you have for your son is so strong and he will see that you are his family. May God give you the peace that you need and bless you. Love you, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying Praying Praying! May God give you peace and strength that could only come from Him this week. Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You probably do not know me but I attend the River Church and often sat behind both of you at church. I stopped by your garage sale last year which is where I first heard you were heading to Africa. I want you to know I am praying for your adoption and also for the other trials you are going through. I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Rejoicing that he's with our Savior. May God give each of you His peace through all of these trials and may He carry you to victory! Praying that the courts will rule in your favor regarding the adoption of your son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan, Sarah, Jethro and I appreciate the prayers they are very much needed and felt. It is good to have a great church family.

      Delete