Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Giving God the glory

Where to start.

24 hours ago we received news that we have hit the biggest wall imaginable with adopting our son. We where told that the judge would not grant us our son. Then we find out that the courts have lost the file and it wont be till maybe June when we get a new court date with a different judge, that hopefully would grant us custody. The timeline of this could even be longer. The lawyer said that the books for the judge are full through May. We are needing a court date within a week to be able to leave to make it home for our sisters wedding. Most adoptions here take about three weeks. We are just at 3 months. 

Then the realization that we don't have the finances to continue staying here sets in. We have been here living on our savings that was for a down payment for a house. Little did I know mission work and adopting in a third world country can get very pricey. Satan just trying to get us more discouraged.

Then late last night I get the news that my best friend Patrick Kinsella that was watching our house has passed away in our house. This was a devastating blow from Satan. I am devastated by this it still has not set in yet. One great man gone, one great friend gone. 
Patrick and I snow shoeing. 

Many people have been praying for us and have given us so much hope with scriptures. A good friend I met in Uganda quoted Joshua 1: "Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Thanks Greg. Many others gave scripture like Romans 12:15 and Ephesians 3: 14-21. Nothing better than going to the word to deal with tough times. 

But wait.
There is more.
Today is a new day.

I went to the lawyers office to drop off some paperwork. While there I asked the secretary if the court office has found our file...."we have not heard". Then I asked if there was any new news...."not that we know of." Well can you have Dora the lawyer call us tomorrow......"yes". I got home and Jethro was a ball of energy and Sarah was most defiantly needing a deserved break. As dinner was being cooked me and Jet wrestled and played outside for a while. At 7pm I got a text and just ignored it. When dinner was ready I remembered to check the text it read "We have a court date for 20th April at 2:30 with justice M" This is the best news ever. We hugged each other, kissed, cried, and thanked God. This is a miracle from Jehovah, we give him all the glory. 

This means we might have a chance to finalize in time to leave at our schedule time. God can only make these things fall into place. Knowing the odds of us getting a court date so soon and with the one and only judge that could make this possible, you have believe that our God is an Awesome God.

I am amazed by the people that have given in prayer and financially. You are truly a blessing to our family. I have cried so much today by your words of  love and support. Those who have donated money have broken my heart as well I have always been the giver not the receiver, my heart is broke. 

Tomorrow I will rejoice with my son in the morning and then with my other 60 sons in the slums. I can't wait to go play futball (soccer) with them and get to hang out with them and show them they are cared for. 

7 comments:

  1. rejoicing with you.
    clay and carie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So So happy Shawn and Sarah!!! God is in control at all times. He will prevail. Hugs from me to you!!! I bet you cannot wait to get home though. love, Ellen W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i reread your message about the tragic news of Patrick. I am so very very sorry. He was a fun guy and I know you both were so close you him. Ellen W

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Carie and Ellen. Today is a good Day!!! Yeah GOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. praising the Lord with you!!! only God! will continue praying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have prayed and cried along with you guys in the past 2 days but am so happy and praising the Lord for the good news that Linda called me with yesterday afternoon. We both cried as she was telling me about the phone call she had gotten from you. We praise you Lord for you are still alive and satan is a liar and he can be defeated when God's children are praying for fellow christians. We know he has heard our prayers when we read your blogs with good news. Oh how I love Jesus because he first loved you and me. Lots of love and prayers to you Sarah and little Jethro.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you guys!!! We are rejoicing with you!!! To hear you guys have break-through is a HUGE encouragement for us. We are having major struggles with our adoption as well. We were told that the aunt wants to take the girls and there is nothing that we can do about it. That was weeks ago and the aunt now can not be found and the girls are still in the orphanage. Then we heard today that they are having a meeting on Friday with the Probation Office to see what to do about the girls' case. We will pray for you guys to also have a HUGE victory on Friday. It is a day of miracles!!!

    ReplyDelete