Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

First days as a father

What can prepare you to be a parent?

The day we brought Jethro home was so special. It was a day that made our dreams reality. Getting to pray with him and tuck him in has been very special and I look forward to it each night. Waking up in the morning is just as special. He wakes up with the biggest smile and laughing each day. He gets up and comes into bed with us and plays for a while if Dan our roommate has already gotten up. If Dan or one of us is still asleep because Jethro or the dogs kept us up then we go to the living room and hang out. 
Morning breakfast
Jethro has been so much fun and keeps us smiling. He loves playing with his soccer ball and a big bouncy ball. We go out side and kick and throw them around. There are 3 turkeys here at the house and Jethro is very curious about them. If the ball goes near them he will cock his eyes toward them and then give his little smile and laugh. He also loves playing with trucks, father like son. He will push them all over the house and we will sit in the floor and push them back and forth to each other. 

Eating time has been one of the hardest thing for him to adapt to here at the house. At Sanyu they would all sit down in low high chairs. They are unable to get up and leave until a moma picks them up when they are finished. We do not have that here at the house. Things have been getting easier as the days go by and he as well as us have been adjusting well. 

I have been able to experience what it was like the day my Mom and Dad brought me home. My Dad talked about how proud he was of me when they got me. He would take me every where he went and show me off to all of his his friends. I have found that I am so much like my Dad. I can't wait to continue showing of Jethro.

No comments:

Post a Comment