Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Parenting is Hard!

Parenting is hard, 
when you have an adopted child,
when that child is of another race,
especially here in Uganda
when you are white,
when you are an outsider,
when you have an African baby.
Everyone is ALWAYS staring at you,
asking if he is a street boy,
if he is yours.
They make comments like "who's baby is that"
"Hey, that's my baby"
Parenting here is overwhelming.

It is also AMAZING!

I get to wake up next to this little boy who is smiling from ear to ear.
He laughs and giggles at everything.
He sings only songs about Jesus, except the itsy, bitsy, spider.
He dances like he is in a dance off.
Plays like he has 100 friends with him.
He has been sick, but he is still happy.
When he takes a bath, it is pure joy.
He goes to sleep in about 2-5 minutes, pure joy!
Then, tomorrow we start all over again.
BUT, I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.
All the looks, comments, all the questions are worth it all.

I just have to keep telling myself, 
God is with me.
God is able.
God will never fail me.
And through Him, I, Sarah Ferrell, can do anything.
He is Almighty God!


Thank you Lord for allowing to be this special little boys mother!
His is truly a gift from God!
 

4 comments:

  1. I haven't had a chance to comment till now but I wanted you both to know how thrilled I am for you! He is unbelievably adorable and I love hearing about your adventures as parents. It's never easy no matter how our children come to us. There's such an adjustment, but like you said, it's all worth it! The challenges being a new parent in a different country...can't even imagine! You guys were created for this purpose and God will bless your family. And the motorcycle story cracked me up Shawn....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawn and Sarah, so beyond excited for the both of you. i know your mom is completely amazed at the works you are doing, and know that your dad is as well. I love following your blog; it brings me to tears many times. i love the experience you share, the works you are doing and the lessons i get to learn through you both. God is great, when it is His will there is a way. I keep you both in my thoughts and prayers, as well as Jethro.
    Jesica (debbie's daughter...haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sarah---love the update and photos. You know we are always anxious to hear. I can't even imagine the things you are going through but as people get used to him being with you, hopefully things will change. Jet is a little cute smiley face!!
    I do pray you are all able to make the trip here together. We'll be waiting for good news this week.
    Love you all
    Grandmother

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shawn, Sarah, Jethro, I miss you all three! I love seeing the pictures. I look at that happy little face in these photos and I am amazed at what God can do. I remember holding your little boy as if it were yesterday. I love your hearts, and I can't wait to see this continue to unravel. Sending my love...Misty

    ReplyDelete