Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Believe

There have been many times in my life where I have thought, this week is the hardest week of my life. 
Then comes along another week to top that one. 
And now, these past 2 weeks have greatly surpassed them all;
living in a new culture, being white with a black child,
EVERYONE staring at you constantly, 
with things changing at the ladies program,
having to teach financial lessons at Sanyu Babies Home to 44+ people,
moving here in Uganda,
family and friends packing and moving everything we own to a storage unit back in the U.S.,
dealing with the police back in the U.S, LONG story,
grappling with the fact that we might get Jethro, then we might not, then we might,
I do not know if we are all going to make to my sisters wedding,
worrying about where we are going to live when we get back to Durango,
trying to figure out how we are going finalize the adoption without having a home,
realizing that we should have moved out of the house in Durango, that has been a money pit,
BUT, my faith has grown so much.

I had a dream before I left the States.
I was standing in a room all by myself
I was starting to get scared
I looked up and there were many demons swirling around my head 
They were chanting, nothing in particular
So, I started to cast them away saying, 
"In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to leave"
I was saying this over and over again but the demons were not leaving
They would just not go away
I knew I needed to say it and TRULY believe my Lord and Savior can do anything, 
including casting out the demons
So I said it one last time, 
with power,
with true belief,
and the demons were gone.
Then God appeared, pointed at me and said,
"NOW, you believe,"
and I woke up.

I though it was a dream to prepare me to cast out demons here in Africa
(and it still may be)
but I am realizing that God was talking to me and preparing me for what is going on now.
Things keep going wrong
and keep going wrong 
and keep going wrong
but I have to TRULY believe in my Lord and Savior
believe He can do anything
believe He is able
believe He will never leave me
believe He is always with me
David and Enoch at the land

Shafik, Damba and I washing clothes

Shawn with a boy at the street program

Thank you for my family.
Thank you for sending us to Africa and 
Thank you Lord for this lesson. 



 

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I am with you on the stress. I have worried constantly about you guys and wht you have been going through there, about what has been taking place here, and about doing the right things for you both. Stress, stress, stress has been ruling my live. But, with all that is happening I know that God is our Commander and that we have to have the mind of Christ in all our decisions. Did I make the right ones? Only God knows. But through it all I know this, that if He wasn't in control I wouldn't have had as much help in moving, we got through without many issues and most people are still talking to me. (haha) We just do the best we can and give it to God, the only one that can give us real peace. I love you all very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let all this get you down!! God loves you and so do multitudes of other family and friends. Know that you can count on God and all others as,after all, it is His plan that things happen like they do. That is hard for some to accept but know that you will. Our prayer EVERY DAY is that God's Will Be Done for you and yours. Love and hugs,
    Grandmotheer

    ReplyDelete