Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Welcome Agree

Today I was sitting on the front porch reading and waiting for David to arrive so we could go to program. I heard him walk up and he was talking with some one, actually it was two someones. There where two young boys about 15. This was not out of the norm but one of them was holding an accordion. An accordion is not the normal instrument of choice for a Ugandan, I have never seen one played by an African. 

They came in while we waited for Abby to show up. Brian, Agree's friend was guiding him in to the house. David leaned over and let me know that Agree was blind. I later came to find out that he has been blind since birth. We sat down and Agree started playing and singing. 
The second he started to sing I knew that he knew Jesus. The way you could seen it in his face was so real. I really loved his voice. When I think of an accordion I think of Chevy Chase, Polka music and the back of a Ryder van. (Home Alone) He played it so well. 

Agree came to program to play and speak to the boys. It was such a blessing for them to see someone who could not see but did not let his disability stop him from God's plans in his life. I have been doing a series on Moses and today was the last day. I talked about how God has bigger dreams for us than we can imagine. Agree was a great example. He told me that he picked up the accordion and started playing it. He knew that God wanted him to play it and that is why he was able to. 

Playing at the street program

Agree sang a song about the hardships of being born blind. He talked about how people treat him. About how his parents  would rather say they only have one other child than to say they have a blind son. They think that he was a curse to the family he is disowned. What if your family has disowned you for your faults would you let that be your crux or would you have the faith and strength to keep looking to God and go strong. Follow his dreams for your life. 


Welcome Agree.


No comments:

Post a Comment