Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Thursday at Court

When we arrived at the court house, we were welcomed by a family
who were there adopting 3 children from the north.
It was their first time to be at court.
They were nervous, 
just like we were
They did not know what to expect, 
just like we did not know what to expect.
With their case, they had to search far and wide to find the children's grandmother
After about 1 1/2 months of no success,
they found her. She lives in a remote part of Uganda, called Karamoja
Uganda, the district of Karamoja is in Red.
Come to find out, the mother had died
and the grandmother began to take care of the children.
She was not able to feed them, so she went from village to village begging for food.
After months of not being able to care for her grandchildren 
she took them, in September, to Kampala and dropped them off
 at an orphanage.
She was there in the room with us and Jethro was rolling his car to her and she was playing with him.
Although she was happy they were getting the care they needed,
you could see real sadness in her eyes, her walk and the way she spoke.
I truly felt for her. 
I wanted to go over to her and talk to here and 
tell her that she is strong.
That she has such love for her grandchildren that she is 
willing to let them go so they can get the care they need. 
I wanted to tell her that Jesus loves her.
Tell her that she is a princess.
But, no one could speak her language 
and she could not speak ours.
I could not imagine the pain she is feeling.
I cannot imagine how much strength a grandmother would have to have to give up her grandchildren
so they might have a future.
To never see them again.
She has been burned into my memory and I truly felt her pain.
Today, please life her up in your prayers.

People of Karamoja praying

 After waiting about 2 1/2 hours to see the judge, 
we FINALLY got to go in
As we walked in, I began to get very nervous
Enough that Shawn had to tell me to calm down...many times
We were the first case he took
As he was reading, I could not hear most of what he was saying 
because Jethro was being very loud
singing, laughing at the chair, making noises with his mouth.
This made me even more nervous
Then he read the ruling.....
"I feel that it is in the best interest of Jethro Isaiah Mukisa to go to a 
family that can provide him with all the necessities of life.
Food, clothing, shelter, love and care,
all of which cannot be provided at an institution.
Therefore, I believe the a Shawn Ray Ferrell and a Sarah D'Aun Ferrell
CAN provide all these things for Jethro."
So, today was the day we received a YES from the judge.

Jethro is now a Ferrell.














He has always been our son and now he is legally.

(minus getting his citizenship and finalizing the
adoption in the states)

Everyone, Jethro Mukisa Ferrell.  


8 comments:

  1. PRAISE GOD! I am so very happy for you guys. Your walk has been long and full of trials. You trusted God which you were greatly rewarded. Gid Bless you three and I can't wait to meet your son.

    Theresa LoCicero

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hintz crew in OK is praising God with you all today... What great news that brings a GREAT BIG smile to our faces... So so so happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am beyond thrilled for you guys.

    (And you can see in the last picture on the right that Jethro gets his smile from his daddy. :D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart broke for that Grandmother. What love it took for her to let go of them and do what was in their best interest. I can not imagine how she must have felt. I have thanked God for letting you guys have Jethro Isaiah Mukisa Ferrell ( my little peanut butter) JIF. haha. God has rewarded you for your faithfullness. Our God is an awesome God and he does answer our prayers. I know that Billie is smiling down from heaven and is as proud of you both as I am. I love you all three very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise the Lord! I cried tears of joy when I read that Jethro is legally your son! My friends from my previous church live in Karamoja and are church-planting among the Karamajong people. I'll pray for that Grandmother. What a hard thing to let go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea!! love the middle name you decided on! Love all THREEEEEEE of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise Gid! Tears of joy! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete