Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Visa Day

I am going to tell you a funny story of a boy that was scared out of his mind. This is about my Dad and me. Dad was always up to some kind of joke whether it be a prank on some one or a horrible lame story joke. If he was awake he was up to no good. He played many jokes on the neighbor hood kids, my friends and who ever he would meet. He passed away a little over 3 years ago of cancer. I know he would have something up his sleeve when we got home. 

I was about 12 years old, the family was on a road trip to California one year. If any of you have driven I-40 into California then you know what the check point at the border looks like. It fills as if you are crossing into another country. Dad in his cleverness starts acting like there is a problem. He turns around and asks me and my sister if we have our visas. We have no idea what he is talking about. We are both adopted and Dad said we needed them to cross the border. He said "if you don't have your visa the police will take us back to Mexico." We where not from Mexico so this is one more shock to my little 12 year old heart. Heather and I scattered to hide under jackets and blankets as we are crying. Mom in her infinite wisdom hit Dad and said "Billie tell them the truth" and he did and we made it into California safe and sound.

Now I am truly needing a visa for our son. I wish it would be as easy as I thought when I was 12. Just hide under a blanket and we will be OK. I have hid under a blanket and cried a few time during this process and it has helped but has not got a visa for Jethro, into America. All though, tomorrow is the day that might just get us that visa. We are praying for a fast speedy approval and to get the visa tomorrow. Our interview is at 3pm on the 14th of May. Please pray to bring us home as a family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment