Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Leaving Home-Going Home

Tonight, I was asked what will I miss most when I am home. At first I did not know what was actually being asked. Which home was my friend asking me about. The home here in Uganda or the one back in the states. Currently there is no actual home (building) back in Colorado. 

I now think to myself am I leaving my home or am I going home? What is home? Well wiki says "A home is a place of residence or refuge." Thinking about it, a home is a place to be with my wife and kids and be a family. It does not mater where in the world it is or what the building or room may be. So, I am not leaving or going home I am just taking a trip with my home to your home.

Our trusty Toyota Wounder Wagon
We are planning to go and visit friends and family all over the US and maybe into Canada. I have about 5000 miles planned out for us to drive to come see all of you, well not everyone but as many as we can. We are wanting to be able to tell our story and advocate for what we are doing here in Uganda. We are praying that we will be able to raise our support this way. We need to raise enough money to support our ministry cost, travel expenses and living expenses for one year. We are wanting to be back in Uganda within 6 months as of May 20th to become full time missionaries.

Well, what have I missed while here in Uganda? I know this, I can't wait to get home and give my Mom the biggest hug. I can't wait for Jethro (and of course Sarah and I) to have awesome Mexican food. I can't wait to be around all of our family. I long for fresh clean air, drinkable tap water and that is about it.
Family and Mexican Food
I don't want to think about what I will miss about Uganda yet. I am just going to live the next two weeks to the fullest. Love on as many street kids as possible and share Jesus' love to all.
America T-14 days.





10 comments:

  1. If you need a place to pause in Texas, you and your family are always welcome in my home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will be passing the mid north on this trip so no Texas. That makes me happy I dislike driving through Texas. Sorry

      Delete
    2. I don't think ~anybody~ like driving through Texas. After so many hours, it starts feeling like you're driving on an alien planet.

      The most depressing sign in the world is the one when you entered the state via I-10 out of Louisiana: Beaumont 10 miles, El Paso 850

      Delete
  2. We better be on the visit list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are part of our route. If all goes well we will be in IL mid June.

      Delete
    2. well, we live in Indiana, but would love to meet you somewhere!Wouldn't be far for us to drive to IL...praying you get paperwork soooooon!

      Delete
  3. Shawn, I am so happy for you guys. Words cannot express it. Kyle and I think about you guys often. I love your posts and have been praying for you every step of the way. We would love to see you when you come home. Bring your home to ours ;) you guys are always welcome. And I know our church would love to hear all about your journey and plans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will be making a special trip to come see you guys when we are back in Colorado.

      Delete
  4. That was an incredible entry. We are so inspired by you guys and your family. Everyone who has shared and will share this journey with you is incredibly blessed and we are so thankful that you are our friends. We love you all so much and we will continue to pray for you! Almost there!
    See you guys soon:)

    -Melissa and Cody

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you decide to head to the North East (Connecticut/New York)our home is always open!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete