Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Passport Day

Adoption is easy right?

Doing things in a third world country easy right?
Licking the hair clippers (bad idea)
Well maybe not so true. For us it has been an uphill struggle with hundred pound weights on our backs. We have been in Uganda since January 15th and have been jumping through hoops to get one step closer to the final out come of bringing our son home. it has been stressful, time consuming and a test of our faith. 

Today was the last day to be able to get Jethro's passport. It is normally a 5 day process. The judge took forever to sign his ruling like 5 days to sign a piece of paper that was on his desk. We praise God he signed it last night.

We went to the Ministry of Immigration this morning. We needed to speak with a man called Marshal. We went to his office and of course at 9 am he was not in yet. So we waited and waited. At about 10:30 it was time for Jethro a nap because he got up at 3 am today (sarah thanks for taking care of that). So Sarah went to go walk around to get Jet to sleep. The holy Spirit told me to tell Sarah that she needed to go walk in this certain area. While there, a man walked by and said who is this baby I have his file on my desk, come with me. She ran and grabbed me and the lawyer and we went to his office. It all started off good but next thing I know he is yelling at me because of where we where waiting at. Then he said come back at 4 or 4:30.

We came back at 4 and after getting yelled at by where I was waiting at this time he gave us a shiny new passport.
Jethro and his passport
Yah God! 
One step closer
One step away


3 comments:

  1. *smiles* so happy for you all. praise God

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in tears I am so happy for you three. Welcome Jethro Welcome sweet boy. God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm. clippers! Welcome to the Ferrell fam haha. I can't wait to see you guys. I miss my favorite Durangotangs. Praying for safe and smooth travels home. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete