Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Welcome Jethro

We would like to formally introduce to the world and to our family, Jethro Mukisa. This has been a journey that was put into motion back in November of 2010 when Dwight Saunders spoke on Uganda  in church and invited anyone in the  congregation to go with the Go Team. Sarah and I said yes and did not realize what God had in plan for us. We prayed everyday for God to break our hearts with the things that breaks Gods. This is a very powerful prayer. It has changed our lives.

We fell in love with the country.
We fell in love with the people.
We fell in love with the culture.
We fell in love with the orphans.
:
:
We fell in love with Jethro.

We prayed and prayed for a family for him as well as many other people did. Little did we know that we where the family. If you where one of those praying for Jethro before we where placed we would like to know who you are so please contact us. Many people have helped this day come true. 


At Sanyu the Momas say he walks just like me and also acts just like me. They say his nose is what Sarah has given him. I think that his tender heart and compassion for everyone is what he got from Sarah.  When he gets in trouble he acts just like me, he will find a way to make you laugh while you are trying to discipline him. It is amazing how this kid is our son.  


Just Hours ago we said good by walked out of the big metal gate. We walked home and got some Icream and started the first day of the rest of our life.







He is home!
He has eaten cat food!
We played ball!
We played trucks!
We cooked together!
He ate dinner!
We bathed him!
We prayed together!
Sarah tucked him in and sang to him!
I cleaned up the kitchen!
:
:
He is home!


  &  

10 comments:

  1. Yippee Jesus!! Jethro is home - forever!! I am thrilled beyond words...and just think...Dw wouldn't have had the heart for Uganda...if a little girl {Emma} then 7 years old hadn't heard the voice of God whispering to her about Uganda...and drawing her there...amazing how God works. He is soooo faithful! Can't wait to see him in Phoenix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been out of touch lately and had to catch up on all that has happened. We are so excited for you and Sarah being able to have Jethro with you all the time. What a wonderful time in your lives. God does work in is on time and he has seen the two of you and now the three of you through it all. What a beautiful family you make. These are definitely God Moments that you will always treasure. Sending our love and prayers, Love you all, Uncle Ron and Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love seeing all the great pictures!! Seeing you and Sarah with Jethro makes me smile from ear to ear! I prayed so long and hard and fasted for Jethro for his life every single day after I got home from Uganda. And for the Lord to give him wonderful, Christian parents that would love him and take good care of him. I am so glad they are Shawn and Sarah Ferrell! Jethro is so very blessed and doesn't even know it yet! I feel so blessed to have meet him in Africa and have gotten to hold him and pray for him. Welcome to the journey for parenthood!!!

    Blessings,
    Amber Reames

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You don't know me, but I was on a trip with Dwight this past June and we met Jethro. He is one of those children who you immediately fall in love with. Such a little charmer :) I love seeing the children that we had the privilege of meeting and caring for being placed in homes. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an incredible story GOd is so good...My husband and I are going on a Go Trip first week of June..and we are praying The Lord shows us our son...He has called us to adoption about 8 months ago..and told us to go on this trip...keep us in your prayers.
    you can follow us at
    www.hopefor1.org
    blessings, sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Shawn & Sarah & Jet,
    Words are not enough to tell you how happy we are for you to be this far in your journey.
    Now the prayers will be for you to be able to adopt soon so you can bring Jet to see his USA families. Thank you Shawn for posting the blogs with photos.
    Love you all so very much!!!
    Grandmother & Granddad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen, Anita! We can't wait to meet the new addition to both families. We are all so excited and will continue to pray that God will open the judges heart and let you finalize the adoption. Keep up the faith and know that God does answer prayers. He has brought you this far and blessed you with a beautiful baby boy. I love you very much my LBB, Sarah and Jethro!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy for the three of you. Welcome Jethro to our families. The pictures are so precious of Jethro and the two of you. Hope you got to make tortilla soup last night. Soon and very soon I pray that God will touch the judges heart and make this final. So many people have prayed for this day and are still praying for adoption. I know your mom is so proud of you Shawn and Sarah's parents are proud of her. Your dad has to be smiling down from heaven and saying that's my bud and I am so proud of who he has become. Have fun being parents. I love you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I have made you cry with my stories it was your turn to make me cry.It has been a while since I have been called bud and I can hear in my head Dad's voice and picture his hand on my shoulder. When he passed away I knew I had some big shoes to fill, he was the greatest Dad ever.

      Delete
  9. Finally pictures of him!!! He has grown so much, but still looks the same! I love that child. Can't wait to see him again ;)

    ReplyDelete