Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Time for court

Today marks our 50th day here in Uganda. In these 50 days we have been blessed beyond our dreams. We have been blessed by the strong will of the widows, the joy of the little kids at the many baby homes we have been to. The street boys and boys in the homes have given us great tips of playing and laughter. The Uncles and Aunties that work with the kids have been inspiring. The one thing that is greater than all has been our little Jethro.

For the past 50 days we wake up and get to see him for about 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the evening. Until our court order is finalized we do not get to bring our son home. Imagine not getting to see your kids when you get home from work or getting to tuck them in at night. What about when they have a bad dream and wake you up you get to comfort them. Currently we do not get to be that kind of parent. 
We just are waiting for the day that he is in our home permanently.

At 10:30 am on Tuesday the 6th we have our first court date. This is 12:30 (midnight) MST for you back in the states. We are ahead of you by 10 hours. Please pray for favor with the Judge.
We have Judge K and he is one that wants
everything in order for the case to pass.

Pray for these items and whatever the Lord may lay on your heart:

  • that the Judge shows up
  • that Jethro's biological family shows up
  • that our nerves are calm
  • that the judge has all the paperwork needed
  • that all questions will be answered
  • that the judge finds no errors in the affidavits
  • Finally we get Jethro!

5 comments:

  1. We have been praying and will continue....He who set it all into motion will bring it to completion...He is faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Sarah Loogman....I know that you don't know me but my friend Lovelyn Palm referred me to your blog. I was at Sanyu's Babies Home a little over a year ago and while there, Jethro had a special place in my heart. His picture is on my bedroom wall and car and I pray for him all the time. What a sweet little boy and he really was a turning point in my trip - he broke my heart. I often wonder how he is doing and have made attempts to find out but haven't had much success. Until now. I am SO happy that he has a loving family! This is the best news I've received in a very long time! I'd love to hear back from you: sarahloogman@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah L. I am Sarah Ferrell's Grandmother in Rio RAncho, NM. You and my Sarah bring tears of joy to my heart. How special you are to make plans to spend your life in God's work.
      Our prayers here are that little Jethro gets to become our grandson. If all goes as planned, you will be able to see the result of your prayers. Thank you for caring.

      Delete
  3. http://fastpraylove817.blogspot.com/2012/02/beginning.html

    ReplyDelete