Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Due Date

There has been some major moments that have changed my life.
The day I was adopted.
The day I accepted Christ.
When I moved out on my own.
When I married my Darlin Bride Sarah.
The day my Father passed away from cancer.

What are your life changing moments?
 There seams to be two categories of  life changing moments, planned and unplanned. This does not determine if it is a good or bad emotion. We are privileged to be able to have the free will to make decisions that can change our lives. Like the moment I dedicated my life to God. There are also the unplanned events that we have no control of them happening but we can determine what we take from those events. When my Dad passed away I was able to realize how important family is. I also learned that we never know how long we have on Earth so spend every minute wisely. 

Looking online I found that there are many different life changing moments but one thing stood true for many people. The birth of there children was a predominant event that has changed there lives. This moment is not one that is all the sudden like a car accident nor a death in the family. If planned or unplanned it takes time. You get to watch and prepare for that specific due date.

We have been waiting for our son since the end of June 2011. We have known and loved him since January 2011. Our due date is March 29th at 3pm EAT. This makes a 10 month wait from the day of our first bit of paperwork. When we started this process home was the mountains of Colorado. Now it has changed to the city of  Uganda. On Thursday we are not getting full guardianship to bring him to the US. We will be receiving foster care custody so that he can live with us and leave the orphanage. This means he will live here with us in Uganda. This is just fine with us. We know it is part of Gods plans, just one more moment to change our lives. This is our first kid and I have no idea what to fill or to expect. I do know that I am already in love with this boy and can't wait for every new day.

I already know his personality.
He knows my name.
I have seen him smile.
I have seen him cry.
I have seen him at his worst.
He has made me cry with joy.
He has broken my heart
and
filled it with love.
He is Jethro our son
and 
he comes home on Thursday.

 No crazy drive screaming all the way to the hospital. No water breaking in Wal-Mart. Best of all no chance of me passing out in the delivery room. After snack time we get to walk down the side walk  and out Sanyu Babies Home big metal gates into the heart of Kampala with our son. Grab some ice cream and walk home for a nothing life changing moment.


5 comments:

  1. Beautifully written! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to make me cry...I am so happy for u guys!! Jethro is very blessed to have such amazing parents. May God bless your journey in Uganda. Miss u guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly a journey that God has sent you on. There is no way to describe the happiness you feel inside as you wait for that day. This day of foster care is the start of a differant journey than you both expected but it will still fill your hearts with happiness. And someday with lots of prayer you will have the day that he is fully yours. I pray for that day and know that there is no other feeling like it. I will never forget how proud and happy your Dad and I were when they call to tell us to come and get you and 2 years later, Heather. You both filled an empty spot in our hearts that was bigger than we knew. Your Dad loved you both so much, and was proud of you both. I wish he could be here to see his grandkids grow up and to see what you are doing to make a differance in these peoples lives. Round the world to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. So excited for you guys! Shawn, you are becoming quite the writer :) I wish I could be there with you guys, hanging out with the little man but I can wait until you guys get to bring him to Durango. Bert says hi. We need a skype date soon!Did I mention how excited I am for you?! Praying for you guys. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you guys!!! Wish I was still in Uganda. Bridgette and I have been longing to go back ever since we brought Solomon home! Can't believe how green the grass looks in the play area, I don't remember any grass. Ha!

    ReplyDelete