Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Bud Day

Family traditions are fun and meaningful to many people. We all have them and some or strange and very confusing to an outsider. Like when I went to my in-laws first family reunion and they auctioned off old family recipes and other items to each other to pay for next years family reunion. Now, I have grown to love it.

Well for me today was a great day of continuing my Dad's tradition with me "Bud Day" a day of nothing but father son fun. Some of my most memorable moments with my Dad are because of 'Bud Day".
Me and my Dad, love and miss you. 

Today I tagged up with a dad that is here adopting one of Jethro's friends from Sanyu and we went to the zoo. We loaded up in our new car that we have been so blessed with and took off. Not but 10 minutes out of Kampala we got pulled over. I was going 16 kl over the speed limit. After you convert it it was not that fast. After we got our ticket and headed down the road all Marty could say is it is not like you just lost 100,000 shillings, then laughing followed. This harassment actual worked after I hit him.

Eating lunch at the chimp tent.
We arrived at the zoo, it was all better we had a blast. Jethro could not stop talking about the leopard that jumped on the fence at us that was about two feet from us. Lawrence on the other hand could not stop running literally. After the leopard jumped he ran a good 150 yard back towards the car. After the drama we had a good day.

Dads, what are you doing to connect with your sons. What roll in his life are you playing? I want to encourage you to take my Dad's family tradition and adopt it into your family. It changed my life and it will change your sons life as well. Moms encourage your husbands stand behind them, let them go do guy thing we like to be dirty and do things that might hurt us. Have them read this and see how one day a week just for father and son can change lives. What day will be you bud day? I am not perfect but I sure thought my Dad was. 

We found him like this at 7:30pm





No comments:

Post a Comment