Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Dads Love

A lady has been asking us to come speak at a girls home for some time now
and so Shawn, Jethro and I went meet the girls and encourage them on Saturday.
It is a home for girls who have been sexually abused.
They are all school age girls, so they are still young. 
When we arrived, the girls surrounded the car, yelling "Hello, your welcome!"
As we went inside, we sat down on the couch as they began to introduce themselves.
They would say what their name was and the grade they were in.
One of the Aunties gave us an introduction about the house.
Jethro then darted outside to play with the soccer ball he had been eyeing since we got there
and most of the girls followed him outside.
They loved playing with him and Jethro was loving all the attention. 
I stayed inside and one of the girls came over and started asking questions about me.
She asked if Jethro was my only child and if we loved Uganda (of course we do)
but it was the next few questions that have been on my mind and I cant seem to forget it.

She asked if I still had parents? 
I said "yes"
Then she continued asking "Are they divorced?"
I said "yes, and they are both remarried."
She then asked the heart wrenching question,
"Does your Dad still love you?"
My heart started to ache right away 
It was so hard for me to hear a question like this.
Why would you ask a question like this?
I thought to myself, DUH, of course he still loves me.
Just because my parents got divorced doesn't mean that my Dad loves me any less. 
But it does here in Uganda. 
So, I answered, "yes, he loves me very much."
She said "you are so blessed. I wish my Dad still loved me"

Then all the girls started calling me outside because they wanted to talk to me too. 
I wanted to stay inside and tell her that she has a Heavenly Father who loves her more than life itself, 
but with all the other girls calling my name and wanting to talk to me too,
I never got the chance.
I wanted to tell her she is special!
That she is the daughter of the Most High King!
That she is a princess!
That she is always loved by her God!
  
I am so happy the girls home is just down the road from our house 
 They are so close to us.
I can now visit them often 
and get to tell Ann all the things I never got to say.

I am blessed to have a worldly Father who loves me and a Heavenly Father who loves me.




Please pray for Ann.
Pray that she can understand a fathers love
and that she is truly loved. 

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing to me to hear things like that. We take for granted our parents love for us. Thank you Jesus for putting me in a family that love us. And thank you for being included in you heavenly family

    ReplyDelete