Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day in the slums

I know I am home now.
Today I took Phil, a new friend of ours that is going through the adoption process with me to the slums.
On Monday, Wednesday and Friday there is a feeding program that I will be working in over the next few months.
They teach the kids about God and also Math and English.
After the devotion we bandage up wounds and give Tylenol
to those with fever. 
At one time I heard Phil say "is that worms in there" I knew I was in Africa and this is where I am suppose to be. 
After the kids are cleaned up we serve the food.
Today we served 63 kids.
Godfrey was there today and I got to talk to him about school.
I encouraged him to do well and not give up.
He starts boarding school on Friday and we are very proud of him.
Uncle Abdule teaching

Phil helping a kid with a bad foot

Kids playing at the program

Godfrey with in the back

 My special moment today was with Jethro.
We took the class to the street to watch the cars drive by.
He sat with me and watched the cars drive by. Just getting to spend time with him is such a blessing. 
I can tell that he really knows me by the way I am his go to person. 
When a car would pull in all the kids would run around
screaming looking for a Moma or uncle to go to Jethro would always run to me. I enjoy sitting back and watching him interact with the other kids.

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome. God knows just what we all need when we are afraid. Children are smarter than we think. Jethro is sure cute and I know you and Sara are doing what God has called you to do. You are surely home there. Love you all. Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete