Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day at the Pool

A few days ago we got to go visit the boys from A Perfect Injustice. These are the boys
that we will be working with
after we are finished with Jethro's adoption.
They range from 8 to 17 years old.
There are also some uncles in there 20's.
Sarah and I where invited to go swimming with them on Saturday.
We met up with them at the public pool at the university.
This was a treat for everyone.
I was a bit nervous about the water
due to the color and the lack of a chlorine smell.
There was more of a burning trash smell due to the
rubbish pile burning next to the pool.
I knew the boys would be bumbed
if I didn't join so I to sacrifice my health for them.
OK, it was hot and I wanted to swim too.
When we first arrived one of the boys Emma came up to us and remembers us from last year.
He had a huge smile and shook our hands and told us "welcome."
Emma on my back
We had a great time in the pool we did acrobatics where the kids would climb onto my shoulders and the stand on my head and then dive into the water.
We also got into a few water fight,
Uncle Eddy and I where on a team and everyone else at the pool was on the other team.
It was easy to retreat because we where the only ones who could swim so going to the deep end was our safe zone.

When we left the pool we walked over to Uncle Davids. 
Godfrey one of the street kids heard that Sarah was around and he found us there at David's.
Godfrey thinks the world of her and so does she.
It is amazing how you can touch a life by taking the time to tell some one that Jesus loves them and he has a plan for them.
If you have been to our house the picture on the fridge is of Godfrey.
He is living on the streets again but will be attending school
this week
Praise God!
Let him be your prayer request this week.
Also pray that our probation officer correctly finishes and turns in Jethro's report by Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment