Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

I have gotten some requests to write about what I am doing. So, here is my first blog post. 

We are SO blesses. Shawn and I got to take Jethro to the Zoo for the first time last week. He loved every minute of it. We were all smiling from ear to ear.
Thursday Dwight, Emma, and a team arrived and they hit the ground running (with us in tow). The ladies team went to the Women's Program with Gina and I. They had a bible study and then they bought jewelry, which was much needed. I took the ladies from the team to a local restaurant and I think most of them liked it. It is VERY local.
Then it was off to the street program. We met the boys in Kivvulu to help with the feeding program. I had to leave early to go see the lawyer about some problems we have been having. I was discouraged when I had talked to her last but she had some very good news for me. One of the biggest road blocks have been taken out of the court orders. Yippee Jesus! 

Jesus is so good to us! I just have to remember that everything happens on Gods time and not mine. 

Note to self, adoption requires, patience, patience, patience!
Shawn and I are very excited Dwight and Emma are here. It is encouraging to have them here. It is like having a little piece of home here in Uganda. 


Last night I slipped and fell at the house. We were sitting in our room and Gina was in the bathroom taking a shower. Shawn jumped up and yelled "something is burning!" We ran to Gina's room and there were flames hitting the ceiling. I ran to get water and Shawn tried to pull the curtains away from anything else that could catch on fire. But, the curtains were held up by a metal coil wrapped in plastic. Not very easy to pull down. I ran in with the water and drenched the first curtain. Then ran out of the room to get more water because the other curtain was still on fire. While running out, I was closed lined by the wire coil, slipped on the water on the tile floor and fell flat on my back. Ouch! By this time Gina had run out in her towel to see what in the world was going on. Shawn is in her room try to get the fire under control, I am laying on the floor barely able to breath and Gina just wanted to put clothes on.


We are all OK and very little damage. Wow! What a night.   

No comments:

Post a Comment